Mr. Haridas Sharma
Phone :- 01- 4269735
For more details, please visit: lcd.gov.np
Leprosy control division (LCD) is the guiding body for leprosy control activities in Nepal. LCD executes its activities under the ledership of Department of Health services within Ministry of Health and Population. LCD functions in close coordination with regional health directorates,Central, Regional and Zonal Hospitals, district health system, donor agencies and all supporting partners.
Regional health directorate (RHD) supervises and monitors the programme in all districts within the region. Disease control activities, including leprosy, are headed by respective officers. Regional Tuberculosis and Leprosy officer/assistant (RTLO) is the focal person for leprosy in RHD. In addition, district TB & Leprosy officer/assistant (DTLO), implement the programme in their respective district.
MDT service is delivered through hospitals (all district, zonal, regional and some central),and public health facilities (primary health care centers, health posts and sub health posts). Majority of health care providers serving at community based health facilities have undergone Comprehensive Leprosy Training (CLT) and are effectively providing MDT services.
In addition more than 90% Female Community Health Volunteers (FCHVs) have received orientation on leprosy and are suspecting and referring cases to the nearest HF for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment. Capacity building is a key intervention area and is conducted with support from WHO and other partners. In addition to capacity building activities, partner supported referral centers also provide primary, secondary and tertiary level care to leprosy patients and affected.
Further reduce the burden of leprosy and to break channel of transmission of leprosy from person to persons by providing quality services to all the affected community. Finally to make leprosy free Nepal & leprosy free World.
- To sustain eliminate leprosy (Prevalence Rate below 1per 10,000 population) and further reduce disease burden
- To reduce disability due to leprosy
- Providing high quality service for all persons to affected by leprosy through integrated set-up
- To eliminate stigma /discrimination against persons and families affected by leprosy
- Early case detection and complete treatment
- Provide quality services through integrated health services& capacity building of Health personnel
- Prevention of deformity and impairment due toLeprosy
- Rrehabilitation-Community-based (CBR)&MCBR
- Reduce stigma and discrimination
- Strengthen referral centers for complications management
- Meaningful involvement of people affected by leprosy in leprosy programs,
- Supportive supervision, monitoring and evaluation&on-site coaching
- Operational research and studies
- Partnership–PPP,Medical College & Participation of Local bodies
Gagan Kumar Thapa
Honorable State Minister
Tara Man Gurung
Dr. Senendra Raj Upreti
- NHSS Implementation Plan 2016-21
- स्वास्थ्य मन्त्रालय सम्बध्द सार्वजनिक निकायका पदाधिकारी तथा सदस्यको नियुक्ती र मनोनयन सम्बन्धी मापदण्ड, २०७३
- नागरिक राहत क्षतिपूर्ति तथा आर्थिक सहायता सम्बन्धी (दोश्रो संशोधन)कार्यविधि, २०७३
- सार्वजनिक निकायका पदाधिकारीहरू नियुक्ति र मनोनयन सम्बन्धी मापदण्ड २०७३
- संशोधित स्वास्थ्य संस्था स्थापन, संचालन तथा स्तरोन्नती मापदण्ड