Mr. Haridas Sharma
Phone :- 01- 4269735
For more details, Please visit: nphl.gov.np
National Public health Laboratory (NPHL) is the government national reference laboratory under the Department of health services (DoHS) and Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP). It is directly linked with different levels of 277 government laboratories in the country. It was established in 1968 as Central Health Laboratory. The name was changed to National Public Health Laboratory in 1991 with the mandate for organizational and administration responsibilities for the health laboratory services (public health and clinical diagnostic) in both public and private sectors throughout the country. Networking, Licensing, monitoring, supervision, capacity, strengthening and conducting research activities and NEQAS of the laboratories are the major functions of NPHL. Currently, NPHL has facility of biosafety level (BSL) II lab with real time PCR (RT-PCR) which is in use for testing viral load & Avain Influenza including Swine flu.
To develop National Public Health Laboratory as centre of excellence in diagnosis.
To provide quality laboratory services (diagnostic and public health related) to the people of Nepal through central, Regional, Sub-regional, Zonal, District and PHC based laboratories.
- Extend laboratory services in all hospital and health case institution upto PHC level.
- To develop NPHL as national reference laboratory for diagnostic and public health services.
- To address the diagnostic needs due to emerging and re-emerging diseases.
- To upgrade and introduce new facilities at NPHL.
- To introduce new technology for specified test not available at other laboratories
- To strengthen overall capacity of health laboratory services through NEQAS and supervision and monitoring.
- To procure quality equipment and reagents according to the need.
- To practice Good Laboratory practice (GLP) by all the laboratories in the country.
- To assist the laboratory in introducing specialized tests by NPHL.
Gagan Kumar Thapa
Honorable State Minister
Tara Man Gurung
Dr. Senendra Raj Upreti
- स्थानीय स्वास्थ्य संस्था व्यवस्थापन तथा संचालन निर्देशिका २०७१, दोश्रो संशोधन २०७३
- अस्पताल व्यवस्थापन सम्बन्धी कार्यविधि, २०७३
- स्वास्थ्य मन्त्रालय मातहतका कर्मचारीको प्रोत्साहन भत्ता सम्बन्धी कार्यविधि, २०७३
- सामुदायीक अस्पतालहरूलार्इ अनुदान दिने सम्बन्धि (दोश्रो संशोधन) निर्देशिका, २०७३
- NHSS Implementation Plan 2016-21